Flora & fauna
Like Rawai’s neighbouring areas casuarina and palm trees surround the location. Fauna is of few.
At Rawai beach you’re unable to participate in any watersports nor sunbathing. Renting of sunbeds or umbrellas is impossible. Rawai, however, has many restaurants, shops, bars, ATM’s. Rawai beach gives you a glimpse into real Thai beach life and is great to sit there and take it all in.
Entertainment & Attractions
• The Sea Gypsies Fish Market (11:00-21:00) in Rawai Beach, left of the pier offers the freshest of seafood and the guarantee that your purchase is going to benefit the local community and family-run businesses.
• Windmill Viewpoint, located between Ya Nui and Nai Harn beach. It has slim white windmills facing out to the sea and facilitates stunning views of Ya Nui, Phromthep Cape, Nai Harn and an island opposite called Koh Man. There are some seating areas and drink vendors.
• Phromthep Cape is one of the more popular, most photographed viewpoints in southern Phuket and has spectacular views and notoriously stunning sunsets. Walking through the carpark and up the stairs sits an air-conditioned lighthouse/ museum with an outdoor balcony. On one of the clearer Phuket days you can see in the distance Koh Racha Yai and Koh Racha Noi and the shapes of Phi Phi islands. There are also shrines and various elephant statues in all shapes and sizes. For the adventurous you can trek to the end of the cape.
• Nai Harn beach: Top rated best beach on Trip Advisor in Phuket.
• Ao Sane, a tranquil less known 200 metre beach a couple of minutes’ from Nai Harn is one of Phuket’s most desired for snorkeling. Clown, parrot and even the odd eel or two have been seen here.
• Ya Nui beach is a charming little cove featuring great snorkeling, fishing and kayaking. The sand is beautifully soft and children love to collect shells.
Unlike beaches such as Patong or Kata, although Rawai can be busy during high season especially on weekends is considered affordable and is developed enough but not too much for all your tourist needs.
Rawai and has a selection of restaurants, massage palors, ATM’s, shops, nightlife and a variety of accommodation options all in walking or driving distance from the beach.
Rawai has an array of accommodations to large hotels and smaller budget housing.
There are three-star hotel: Coffee Home, four-star hotel: Rawai Grand House ,and five-star hotels: The Rijitt Resort Phuket, also here you can find guesthouses and other accommodation options.
We always offer the ability to rent a villa or apartment for the period of your vacation.
Our team at Tropic Look have more than five years of experience in successfully selecting accommodation for people who chose Phuket as their holiday destination. We offer our clients the best, modern housing catering your individual requirements.
You can book accommodation on our website in just a few clicks!
Whilst sitting and viewing the sites of the numerous boats parallel to the beach how about trying Rawai’s much loved seafood? Rawai and its surrounding areas are very popular area among tourists from all over the world, they not only come here for Phuket’s sunshine, but also for a delicious range of cuisines.
In this area, you can confidently be satisfied with all your gastronomic needs, from popular local Thai dishes, burgers, European, vegan, Mexican, salads and much more!
How to get here
Nai Harn beach is located in southern Phuket, east of Nai Harn and south of Chalong. You can come here along the route of 40233 or 4024.
Car/ Scooter rental are easily accessible from many shops close by to the beach. Tuk- Tuk’s, and Taxi’s can usher you around to other beaches and attractions for small fees.
Recommendations and Reviews
Although not the ideal beach for sunbathing and water sports, Rawai has its own charms. Great for a walk and its views, its various delicious fresh sea food and very close to view points and other local beaches. If you’re interested in seeing some of the other islands, Rawai is your best starting point.